Kumeido – The Mendocino Zen Center
From the South
• Take #101 North from the San Francisco Bay Area to Cloverdale.
• Take the third Cloverdale exit that says #128 West/Mendocino/Fort Bragg.
• At the stop sign, go left under the freeway, pass a lumber mill and vineyard.
• Turn right at a sign that says #128 West/Mendocino/Booneville/Fort Bragg.
• Drive #128 past Yorkville, Booneville, Philo, Navarro (through vineyards and then redwoods near the coast. There #128 becomes Highway #1.
• Continue north on Hwy #1, across the Navarro bridge, past the turnoff to Albion, across the Albion Bridge, then take the second right onto Albion Little River Rd.
• Wind up Albion Little River Rd, past homesteads and redwoods (approx. 3 miles). Soon you’ll see five mailboxes on the right and across from them, on the left a sign that reads, Jacobs Ranch.
• Turn left onto Jacobs Ranch, a gravel road. It curves for awhile, then dips down and turns sharply to the left. There, at that turn, is the entry to Kumeido. 6028 is written on a post.
From the North
• Take Hwy #1 South to Little River Airport Rd. (There’s a cemetery on your right at the turn. Good chance to meditate on impermanence.
• Take Little River Airport Rd. approximately 3 milies, past The Woods and the airport to the “Y.” At the “Y’ turn right onto Albion Little River Road.
• Pass the end of the airport runway, see mail boxes onyour left, then turn right at Jacob’s Ranch.
From the East (from Ukiah)
• Take either Highway #20 to Fort Bragg, or
• Take Highway #253 to Booneville, then
• Follow above directions from the north or south.